By the end of the course, the counselling intern will be able to:
- apply counselling, psychotherapeutic and psychological theories at an advanced level;
- implement various counselling approaches especially in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or Family Therapy;
- act as a professional counsellor in accordance with ethical guidelines and professional boundaries;
- apply process of self monitoring, self examination and self awareness in on-going personal and professional development; and
- utilise a set of advanced interpersonal skills which emphasises processes of facilitation.