Refund Policy and Processes
1. The Application Fee is non-refundable.
2. Refund Policy
2.1 Refund for Withdrawal due to Non-Delivery of the Course
ECTA will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A (Student Contract) within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (If any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
2.2 Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1, ECTA will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the Student’s Contract.
|% of Refund (of the Fees paid under Schedules B and C)||For First Instalment of Course Fees||For Second & Subsequent Instalment(s) of Course Fees|
|95%||If withdrawal is within the cooling-off period i.e. up to, and including, the 7th working day from signing of the Student Contract||If withdrawal is up to, and including, the 7th working day from the second and subsequent instalment(s) due date|
|70%||If withdrawal is after the 7th working day to the 30th calendar day from signing of the Student Contract||If withdrawal is after the 7th working day to the 30th calendar day from the second and subsequent instalment(s) due date|
|0%||No refund is given after the 30th calendar day from the signing of the Student Contract||No refund is given after the 30th calendar day from the second and subsequent instalment(s) due date|
2.3 Refund During Cooling-Off Period
ECTA will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days from the date that the Student’s Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to ECTA within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
- Refund will be made to Student within 7 working days upon receiving Student’s written notice of withdrawal and complete submission of required documents.
- If the course is cancelled by ECTA, Students may:
a. Defer the course to the next intake at no extra charges (Waive Deferment Application Fee)
b. Withdraw from the course and obtain 100% refund of all course fee paid
- No refund for Student who has breached the ECTA School Termination/Expulsion Policy.
- All refund applications are subjected to ECTA’s approval. All decisions are considered final.
Instructions for Student on Withdrawal Procedures
- Withdrawal means the Student Contract has been terminated and the Student is no longer a student of ECTA.
- Student has to submit “Withdrawal Form” to ECTA immediately.
- Student will be served with a letter confirming withdrawal.
- Upon receiving the Withdrawal Approval, the Student Contract and the Fee Protection Scheme account will be terminated; and the International Student will have to surrender his/her Student’s Pass immediately.
- The refund policy shall apply accordingly to the refund policy table. Please click here to view refund procedure.