Student Pass Application
Student’s Pass Application and Immigration Issues
Student’s Pass Application
In the event ECTA opens its enrolment to International students for Full-Time course, all International students will be required to acquire a Student’s Pass.
ECTA will facilitate the Student’s Pass application on behalf of the student upon ascertaining the student’s eligibility to enrol into an intended course of study. Submission will be made via the ICA SOLAR System two (2) months before the course commencement date by ECTA. Hence, the applicant is not required to be present in Singapore while his/her application is being considered. Please note that the applicant will not be entitled to any extension of stay should he/she be already present in Singapore while the application is being processed.
The following documents are required of each applicant for the application of the Student’s Pass:
- ICA eForms 16 and V36
- 2 recent colour passport size photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Highest Graduation Certificate and Transcripts
- Letter of Employment
- Bank Statement (if applicable)
The general processing time for a new application is about four (4) weeks. Successful applicants will receive an IPA Letter from ICA through the school with instructions to formalities that students are required to complete (listed under admission procedure) preceding the collection of the Student’s Pass.
Renewal of Student’s Pass
Student’s Pass renewal application will be sent to Singapore’s Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) by ECTA on behalf of the student one (1) week before the Student’s Pass expires.
The general processing time for the Student’s Pass renewal is three (3) working days (excluding the day of submission and collection) upon the receipt of a duly completed application by ICA. Some applications may, however, take a longer time to process depending on complexities.
Cancellation of Student’s Pass
International students are required to surrender their Student’s Pass to ICA for cancellation within seven (7) days from the date of cessation or termination of their study in Singapore.
As of 3 Nov 2008, cancellation of a Student’s Pass can be made online at e-Cancellation which can be accessed via SOLAR+
Students who are unable to submit an online application for Student’s Pass cancellation may do so in person at the Student’s Pass Unit, by obtaining a queue ticket at the Self-Service Kiosk 1 at Visitor Services Centre, 4th Storey ICA Building anytime from Monday to Friday (8.00am to 4.30pm), or Saturday (8.00am to 12.30pm).
Students will need the following documents:
- A duly completed cancellation form;
- Student’s valid travel documents;
- The Student’s Pass Card;
- Student’s Visit Pass and Disembarkation/Embarkation Card; and
- A duly completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (IMM Form 27A), where applicable (will be provided at ICA counters).
Change of Local Address
According to the Immigration Regulations 8 (5) (b), the International student is required to report any change in his/her address in Singapore within 14 days of such a change.
Schools can also login to the SOLAR+ System via ‘e-Update of Address’ to report any change in the student’s address. Upon successful registration, an acknowledgement note will be generated by the system.
Alternatively, the student may deposit the ‘Change of Address’ form into the drop-box located at the Student’s Pass Unit near Counter 19, ICA Building. It will take two (2) weeks to process the application and the student will be informed of the outcome by post.
Replacement of Student’s Pass
International students who have lost their Student’s Pass and/or Visit Pass and/or Disembarkation/Embarkation Cards are required to apply for a replacement in person within seven (7) days from the date of loss.
The student should proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk located beside Counter 11, Information Counter at Visitor Services Centre (4th Storey), ICA Building anytime from Monday to Friday (8.00am to 4.00pm) to obtain a Miscellaneous Service queue ticket. The following documents will be required:
- One recent passport-sized photo which meets the following requirements:
- The photograph must be taken within the last 3 months
- The photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- The photograph image must show the full face (eyebrows cannot be covered by fringe) and the registrant should be without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)
- Valid travel document (with a validity period of at least 6 months)
- A letter from the school stating that the applicant is currently a registered student
- A Statutory Declaration signed by the holder or a police report (original copy) is required for replacement due to card loss
- Applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Student’s Pass (STP) Card.
The processing time for first time replacement of lost cards is two (2) weeks while the processing time for second or subsequent losses is four (4) weeks.
Other Important Information
- For the application of a Student’s Pass, an applicant must be accepted into an approved full-time course. An applicant who wishes to take up a part-time course or a course conducted in the evening or weekend will NOT be eligible for a Student’s Pass.
- The applicant, local sponsor and school will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- Official/Notarised translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English Language.
- All forms are to be duly completed and signed by the applicant and the school. No part of the form should be left blank or incomplete. If any section or part of the form is not applicable, it should be filled as ‘Nil’ or ‘Not Applicable (NA). Applications with incomplete forms or documents will NOT be accepted for processing.
- The applicant has to call in person with a valid immigration pass to collect the Student’s Pass only after the application has been approved. The Student’s Pass will only be issued if the conditions as stipulated in the In-Principle Approval letter, are fulfilled.
- ICA may share a student’s personal information, with other government agencies to process any applications the student has made or to render the student a service, so as to serve the student in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- ICA reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the documents submitted in the application with the relevant issuing authorities or through the affiliated government agencies.
For further details please visit www.ica.gov.sg.