Admission and Enrolment Procedures for International Student
Admission and Enrolment Procedure
The prospective student can access ECTA’s website at www.ecta.edu.sg to submit an online application for the chosen course of study.
Arranging for a Video conference Interview
A member of ECTA’s enrolment team will contact the prospective student to arrange for a video conference interview (e.g. via Skype) at a mutually available time.
Videoconference Interview conducted
The prospective student will participate in the video conference interview/pre-course counselling session where he/she is briefed on important matters such as admission requirements, fee protection scheme, and course requirements.
The prospective student will be required to submit the following documents duly notarised, and to make payment of the non-refundable Application Fee by Bank Draft. The following documents are to be mailed/couriered to ECTA:
- Two recent passport-size photographs of applicant
- One copy of the applicant’s resume
- One photocopy of the applicant’s Identity Card (both sides)
- One photocopy of the applicant’s passport
- One copy of the applicant’s GCE “O” Level Certificate (or equivalent) and any other degrees, diplomas, certificates and official transcripts
- One copy of the applicant’s IELTS (or equivalent) results if the applicant does not have a Credit Pass for English Language for his/her GCE “O” Levels
- ICA eForms 16 and V36
Note: If the original copy of the document is not in English, a notarised English translated copy is required.
The modes of payment from International Students accepted by ECTA are Bank Demand Draft/cheque made payable to “ECTA”, or a telegraphic transfer. The relevant details for telegraphic transfer and internet banking to ECTA’s bank account are as follows:
|Bank Account Name||: Executive Counselling and Training Academy Pte Ltd (ECTA)|
|Bank Account Number||: 765439 -001|
|Bank Code||: 7339|
|Branch Code||: 512|
|Swift Address||: OCBC SGSG|
|Branch||: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited
83 Marine Parade Central #01-576/578
Fee Protection Scheme
During the videoconference interview, the prospective student will be advised on the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS). Details of the FPS and the amount payable by each student will be explained.
Letter of Offer
A Letter of Offer will be issued to all successful applicants upon approval of application by SUT. Students are required to acknowledge receipt of the Letter of Offer and return a signed copy to the school for record keeping.
Student’s Pass Application
All International Students intending to pursue a Full-Time / Part-Time course at ECTA are required to acquire a Student’s Pass. The school will apply for the Student’s Pass on behalf of the student through Singapore’s Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The student’s application will be submitted on-line via the ICA SOLAR System two (2) months prior to the course commencement date. It usually takes ICA four (4) to six (6) weeks to process an application.
The applicant is required to provide the following documents:
- ICA eForms 16 and V36
- 2 recent colour passport size photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Highest Graduation Certificate and Transcripts
- Letter of Employment
- Bank Statement (if applicable)
To view the application procedure, rules and regulations for Student’s Pass, please visit:
In-Principle Approval Letter
Successful applicants will receive an In-Principle Approval Letter issued by ICA authorising their study at ECTA. This must be provided to ECTA as part of the required documents for eligibility to embark on the intended course.
The student will receive a copy of a pre-departure guide which lists essential activities students are required to complete before commencing their course of study at ECTA.
Upon arrival at Singapore the student will undergo a compulsory medical check-up which includes a general physical examination and chest x-ray. Expenses resulting from the examination will be borne by the student. The student will be issued a medical report by the examining doctor for submission to ICA.
Medical insurance will be immediately arranged up by ECTA for the student at the student’s expense.
Administration of Pre-Course Counselling Session at ECTA
During the Administration of Pre-Course Counselling Session conducted at ECTA, which will take place at least two (2) weeks before Course Commencement, the student will be given a comprehensive briefing covering the following areas:
- Student Contract (Local and Foreigner)
- Advisory Note Form 12
- Attendance criteria and biometric attendance-taking
- Cancellation of lectures
- Withdrawal policy and procedures
- Leave of Absence policy and procedures
- Refund policies and processes
- Lecturer evaluation
- Student welfare
- Student complaint resolution procedures
- Ethics of audio-recording lectures
- Student Identity Management System
- Swinburne Online Library Resources
- Fire escape routes
- Course Fee Payment and Refund
- Refund Table and Timeline
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)
- Certificate of Insurance (COI)
- SkillsFuture Credit (If Applicable)
- Email Contact
- Amendment of Personal Details
- Access Card
- ECTA Student ID and SUT ID Cards
- Interns Photo Chart
- Training Rooms
- Printing of Assessment Submissions
- LOA / Withdrawal
- SUT Online
- ECTA Online Lecturer Evaluation
- Student Welfare: Meals, Snacks and Refreshments
- First Aid Kit, Defibrillator and Emergency Numbers
- Keep Green Policy
- Environmentally Friendly Policies
- Feedback Options Available to Students
- Student Complaint Resolution Procedure
ECTA will provide a comprehensive Course Orientation session which will take place at least two (2) weeks before Course Commencement. It will cover the following areas:
- Course structure
- Units and Topics
- Course schedule
- Graduating criteria
- ECTA, SUT and Academic Partners (Mount Elizabeth Hospital and Parkway College of Nursing and Allied Health)
- Emergency / fire escape routes
- Administration of Pre-Course Counselling Process Form
- ECTA’s Vision, Mission, Core Values
- Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC)
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Lecture Cancellation
- Granting of Academic Credit Policy
- Ethics on Audio-Recording and Audio Listening
- Course Notes
- Academic Pathways
- Units and Topics
- Academic Staff
- Assessments and Grading Criteria
- Written Examination (Only for GD)
- Practicum, Clinical Supervision and Personal Counselling (Only for GC)
- Limit of Indemnity
- Summary of Activities and Submission Dates of Assessments
- Journal Recordings
- Choosing of Elective (Only for Masters)
- Swinburne University of Technology Grading System
- Assessment Submission and Grading Policies
- Appeal for Review and Regrading of Assessment
- Withdrawal / Leave of Absence (LOA)
- Refund Policy
- Course Review
- Graduation Ceremony
- Names on Testamurs
Signing of Student Contract
The student enters into a formal agreement with ECTA by signing the Standard Student Contract and Advisory Note Form 12. The Student Contract outlines clauses on key policies and regulations such as Course Information and Fees, Refund Policy and other essential information which both parties are required to strictly comply with.
Please visit the following links to view the Standard Student Contract and Advisory Note Form 12 available on the Committee for Private Education’s website.
- Standard Student Contract (https://www.cpe.gov.sg/for-peis/edutrust-certification-scheme/where-can-i-get-more-information)
- Form 12 Advisory Note to Students (https://www.cpe.gov.sg/for-peis/enhanced-registration-framework-erf/where-can-i-get-more-information)
After signing the Student Contract, the student will be required to make payment for the 1st Instalment of his/her Course Fees, the Administration Fee and the Fee Protection Scheme Premium and the full amount of the Miscellaneous Fees.
An Official Receipt will be issued on-the-spot to students who make payment in cash. For payments by cheque and internet banking transfer, an Official Receipt will be issued when the cheques are cleared or when the funds have been credited to ECTA’s bank account.
Arranging for Fee Protection Scheme
ECTA will arrange for a Fee Protection Scheme for each enrolled student within seven (7) working days of receiving payment of the 1st instalment of the Course Fees.