This programme is an extension of the Graduate Certificate of Counselling and Graduate Diploma of Counselling accredited and awarded by the Swinburne University of Technology.
Applicants may be accepted directly into the Master of Counselling (Advanced) programme if they have completed a Postgraduate Diploma of Counselling (or its equivalent) from a recognised university or institution. Credit exemptions, where applicable, may be granted up to a maximum of 50% of the nested suite of courses.
Direct entry applicants will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, subject to the decision of the Clinical and Academic Director of ECTA and approved by Swinburne University of Technology.
Selection is based on an interview and applicants’ aptitude for the programme as determined by applicants’ suitability, academic qualifications, and work experience.
Applicants will be expected to provide:
- evidence of a high standard of performance at the Graduate Diploma level;
- one (1) character reference where the referee preparing the reference should have a good knowledge of the applicant’s quality of work and suitability for the counselling programme;
- evidence of appropriate supervised counselling experience; and
- a 200-word statement explaining why they have chosen to pursue a counselling programme, and what they intend to do with the qualifications attained.
Lecturer : Students Ratio
|Course Title: Master of Counselling (Advanced)|
|Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy|
– Advanced Training in Congitive Behavioural Interventions (Elective)
|Certificate in Family Therapy|
– Advanced Training in Family Therapy Interventions (Elective)
|Advanced Counselling Placement|