This programme is an extension of the Graduate Certificate of Counselling and the Graduate Diploma of Counselling that are accredited and awarded by the Swinburne University of Technology.
Applicants may be accepted directly into the Master programme if they have completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling from a recognised university or institution. Exemptions may be granted up to a maximum of 50% of the nested suite of courses.
Such applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and subjected to the decision of the Clinical and Academic Director of ECTA and approved by Swinburne University of Technology.
Selection is based on a interview and the applicant’s aptitude for the programme as determined by personal suitability academic qualifications and work experience. Each applicant will be expected to provide:
- evidence of a high standard of performance at the Graduate Diploma level;
- one character referee (the referee should have good knowledge on the applicant’s quality of work and personal suitability for the counselling programme);
- evidence of appropriate supervised counselling experience; and
- a written statement of 200 words of his/her reasons for wanting to develop his/her counselling competencies.
Lecturer : Students Ratio
|Course Title: Master of Counselling (Advanced)|
|Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
– Advanced Training in Congitive Behavioural Interventions (Elective)
|Certificate in Family Therapy
– Advanced Training in Family Therapy Interventions (Elective)
|Advanced Counselling Placement|