This programme is an extension of the Graduate Certificate of Counselling accredited and awarded by the Swinburne University of Technology.
Applicants may be accepted directly into the Graduate Diploma of Counselling programme if they have completed counselling related programmes from a recognised university or institution. Credit exemptions, where applicable, may be granted up to a maximum of 50% of the nested suite of courses.
Direct entry applicants will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, subject to the decision of the Clinical and Academic Director of ECTA and approved by Swinburne University of Technology.
The following requirements apply:
Applicants who do not possess at least 4 GCE “O” Level Credits, including a credit for English Language, are to attempt the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and attain an overall band score of at least 6.5 points.
Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen, a Singapore Permanent Resident, or a holder of a valid Work Permit, or a valid Dependent Pass.
ACADEMIC AND/OR PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor Degree (may not be counselling-related); OR
- A Diploma (or its equivalent); OR
- A Certificate (or its equivalent)
Applicants will be assessed for suitability through:
- a face-to-face interview;
- a 200-word statement explaining why they have chosen to pursue a counselling programme, and what they intend to do with the qualifications attained; and
- one (1) character reference where the referee preparing the reference should have a good knowledge of the applicant’s quality of work and suitability for the counselling programme.
Lecturer : Students Ratio
|Course Title: Graduate Diploma of Counselling|