* MANDATORY FIELDS
1. PERSONAL DETAILS
2. EDUCATIONAL DETAILS *
Highest Academic / Professional Qualifications Attained *
3. OTHER COUNSELLING / COUNSELLING-RELATED / HEALTH-RELATED / PSYCHOTHERAPY / PSYCHOLOGY QUALIFICATIONS
4. CURRENT EMPLOYMENT AND PAST WORK EXPERIENCE
5. ANTECEDENT *
If any of the answers is "YES", please give details:
6. STUDENT SUPPORT: SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS / NEEDS
7. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
7.1 Student Contract and Advisory Note
All students who accept a place at Flinders University through ECTA are required to sign a Student Contract which details the terms and conditions of their enrolment. The terms and conditions are specified by the Committee for Private Education (CPE).
Advisory Note to Students
The Advisory Note points to important information that prospective students should read and understand before the Student Contract is signed.
For more details of Student Contract and Advisory Note, please visit CPE Website: ssg.gov.sg
7.2 Administrative Fee
The Administrative Fee is paid at the point where the Student Contract is signed. Amount payable is as follows:
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling: S$896.40
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling: S$1,404.00
- Master of Counselling: S$1,404.00
7.3 Withdrawal Policy and Procedure
In the event that you decide to withdraw from the course for a compelling reason, please consult the Senior Head of Course Management at ECTA.
7.4 Leave of Absence
If you intend to apply for a Leave of Absence (LOA) from the Programme, you will need to complete a Leave of Absence Form which can be obtained from ECTA.
Please note Flinders University’s Leave of Absence policy:
- Leave of Absence will normally be granted only for a maximum of one year
- Off-shore students will normally be granted a Leave of Absence only for six months at a time
- Application outcome notifications will be emailed only to a Flinders student’s registered email
- Any application to extend a Leave of Absence must be approved before the end date of the initial Leave of Absence
- Application must be complete to be considered
- A reason is mandatory when applying for Leave of Absence
7.5 Refund Policy
7.5.1. The Application Fee is non-refundable.
7.5.2. Refund Policy
18.104.22.168 Refund for Withdrawal due to Non-Delivery of the Course
ECTA will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- ECTA does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- ECTA terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- ECTA does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- ECTA terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A (Student Contract) within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student`s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (If any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
22.214.171.124 Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason(s) other than those stated in Clause 126.96.36.199 of the CPE Student Contract, ECTA will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the Student’s Contract. A copy of the CPE Student Contract is found on ECTA’s Website.
SCHEDULE D: REFUND TABLE
% of Refund (of the Fees paid under Schedules B and C)
For First Instalment of Course Fees
For Second & Subsequent Instalment(s) of Course Fees
If withdrawal is within the cooling-off period i.e. up to, and including, the 7th working day from signing of the Student Contract
If withdrawal is up to, and including, the 7th working day from the second and subsequent instalment(s) due date
If withdrawal is after the 7th working day to the 30th calendar day from signing of the Student Contract
If withdrawal is after the 7th working day to the 30th calendar day from the second and subsequent instalment(s) due date
No refund is given after the 30th calendar day from the signing of the Student Contract
No refund is given after the 30th calendar day from the second and subsequent instalment(s) due date
- These refund rates apply only to the Course Fee component (for all instalments).
- The Administrative Fee component (included only in the first instalment) is not refundable.
- The FPS (Fee Protection Scheme) premium will be refunded on a separate prorated/unconsumed basis calculated by the insurance provider.
188.8.131.52 Refund During Cooling-Off Period
ECTA will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days from the date that the Student’s Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (as stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to ECTA within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
- Refund will be made to the Student within 7 working days upon receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal and complete submission of required documents.
- If the course is cancelled by ECTA, Students may:
a. Choose to join the next intake at no extra charges (Waiver of Deferment Application Fee)
b. Withdraw from the course and obtain 100% refund of all course fee paid
- There will be no refund for Student(s) who breach the ECTA School Termination/Expulsion Policy.
- All refund appeals outside of the terms described in the Student Contract are subjected to ECTA’s approval. All decisions are final.
7.6 Fee Protection Scheme
The Singapore Government requires all Private Education Institutions (PEI) in Singapore to protect any student fees paid in advance. The scheme ensures that should ECTA be unable to deliver its programmes for any reason, students can claim any fees which have been paid in advance. All students must be covered by this scheme. Protection is provided through an insurance policy taken out by ECTA on behalf of students.
ECTA uses a CPE-approved Insurer as the provider of all policies taken out as part of the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS). The policy makes provision for the refund of unconsumed fees paid should ECTA close or be unable to deliver the course as detailed in the contract for any reason. The policy also provides for compensation in the event where ECTA fails to pay any sum awarded by Singapore Courts to the insured student.
As of 1 January 2018, the current premium is 0.6% (excluding GST) of the sum of all Course Fees and Administrative Fees (excluding GST) per year subject to a minimum fee of S$25.00. The premium is paid by the student.
7.7 Feedback and Concerns
ECTA has a process and procedure for students to give feedback or raise concerns. ECTA will attend to all feedback and/or concerns raised, and attempt to resolve issues within seven (7) working days.
7.8 Dispute Policy
If ECTA is unable to resolve a complaint amicably, the complainant may appeal in accordance with Flinders University's Student complaints and appeals policy. Please visit: https://students.flinders.edu.au/feedback-rights-policy/complaints-and-appeals
If a complainant does not find the resolution proposed satisfactory, ECTA may refer the matter or person(s) concerned to CPE Student Services Centre (SSC) in which case the complainant may be invited to participate in a process described in the CPE Dispute Resolution Policy, found at: https://www.ssg.gov.sg/cpe/student-services/dispute-resolution
In accordance with CPE Mediation-Arbitration Scheme, the complainant may be referred to the Singapore Mediation Centre for mediation.
If the dispute is resolved, there will be a settlement agreement drawn up and endorsed by the respective parties.
If the dispute is not resolved through mediation, the dispute may be referred for arbitration by an arbitrator appointed by the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators.
- The arbitration will be conducted via document submissions only and the arbitrator will publish a written award within 60 days from the commencement of the arbitration
- A hearing will be conducted only if a party specifically requests for a hearing and the appointed arbitrator determines that a physical hearing is necessary.
- If a hearing is held, the written award will be published within 90 days from the commencement of the arbitration.
7.9 Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
ECTA may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data, where permitted by data protection laws, for:
- Evaluating suitability for admission of students
- Managing communication with students, including sending information related to the course and practicum placements with external organisations
- Administering and managing student records
ECTA will take appropriate measures and reasonable preventive precautions to:
- Keep students’ personal data accurate, complete and updated
- Ensure the personal data is adequately protected and secured
- Prevent any unauthorised access, use, disclosure and/or loss of personal data
- Destroy personal data collected when retention is no longer necessary
8. APPLICANT DECLARATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I am aware that:
- I will not be eligible for further exemptions (Academic Credit) upon receipt and acceptance of Flinders-ECTA's Letter of Offer, and that Academic Credits approved by Flinders University are final.
- I need to attend all academic and administrative sessions and participate in all required academic and administrative processes and matters (this includes Course Orientation, Pre-Course Administrative Briefing, Practicum Briefing and Course and Graduation Criteria Review).
- I might have to take annual leave in order to fulfil my counselling contact hours.
- The Examination date cannot be changed.
I understand that:
- All information provided will be used in the admission process, and that data will become a part of my student record and may be used for all purposes relating to my studies in accordance with the procedures of the Flinders University and the Executive Counselling and Training Academy.
- I may from time to time participate in events organised by the Academy where my image may be captured in photographs or video-recording, and may be used on the Academy’s Website or in its publications for publicity purposes.
I declare that:
- The information given to support this application is accurate, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge. I am aware that Flinders University reserves the right to cancel my application at any time if the information given in this application is found to be untrue. If accepted as a student, I will comply with all conditions, rules and regulations of the University and its representative.
- I have read and understood all the information under Section 7 ‘Important Information for Applicant’ provided by ECTA in this application.
Please ensure that the following documents under this Checklist are provided when you come for the interview.
The applicant must submit one (1) copy of the following documents:
- GCE "O" Level Certificate and any other degrees, diplomas, certificates and official transcripts*
- A Resume
- A 200-word statement on why you want to apply for the counselling course
- Both sides of your Identity Card / Employment Pass / Dependent Pass *
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph
- A letter of recommendation by a character referee (excluding family members)
- A non-refundable Application Fee of $162.00 (GST inclusive).
* Please bring the original documents to the interview
Clinical and Academic Director, ECTA
Director, Flinders-ECTA Programs, Singapore
Executive Counselling and Training Academy Pte Ltd
Executive Counselling and Training Academy
CPE Registration Number: 200209120M
(Period: 20 June 2018 to 19 June 2022)